[OS X TeX] convert .dvi to .pdf

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 23 20:38:50 CET 2015

> On Nov 23, 2015, at 8:01 AM, Alan Bowen <bowenalan03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is one of the 8 .dvi files. Thanks for pursuing this.
>
> BTW—I did not get a .ps file when I ran the dvips in /Library/TeX/texbin.

To get some, probably incorrect, pdf output from your dvi, I had to fake Times-Roman.tfm and Times-Roman.vf by renaming two Times-Roman files, utmr8t.{tfm,vf} from the TeXLive distribution and faking Graeca using Tempora-Regular-lgr.tfm. (The 3 renamed files can be placed in the same folder as the dvi.) What is likely wrong is the encoding, but if you have the original .tex files, that may be correctable. It appears that Times-Roman was used for only headings, and there were some small sections using Greek, so it should not be hard to locate the errors. Were the originals generated using TeXtures, which allowed the use of system fonts?

Michael