[OS X TeX] AlphaX and path

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 2 14:56:46 CET 2015

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 7:04 AM, Michael Hoppe <mh at michael-hoppe.de> wrote:
>
> Dear TeXers,
>
> I’m using AlphaX for years.  I’ve adjusted the Extra Exec Path in the Global Preferences to /Library/TeX/texbin and AlphaX finds the programs, but it seems that AlphaX resolves that link: every time I quit AlpaX and restart it the console reads
>
>     /bin/sh: line 1: pdflatex: command not found
>
> So I have to enter the path for the executables again at every start of AlphaX.  Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Michael

Howdy,

Are you using TeXShop to do the Typesetting and Previewing? In that case simply update TeXShop or follow the directions in the `Updating For El Capitan' document linked at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html>.

If you are using AlphaX to do the Typsetting (and Skim for Previewing?) you'll have to wait for someone that knows AlphaX; I haven't used Alpha since the mid 90's.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)