[OS X TeX] tex live no loger functioning

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Mar 11 16:35:01 CET 2015

> On Mar 10, 2015, at 4:28 PM, juan tolosa <juantolo at me.com> wrote:
>
> When running Tex Live at startup a while ago, I got the message
>
>                        Listing failed
>
> Then I tried
> Reinstall Tex Live manager
>
> and I got the message
>                  Unable to determine repository version
>
>                  You have TeX Live 2014 installed, but the version at http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet cannot be determined.
>

> I did not do any changes or updates, either to Tex Live or to Tex Shop, nor did I install new mac software. The only thing that happened is some automatic updates were installed by apple. Is there a way to get TeX Live working again?
>
> Thanks,
>                   Juan

Howdy,

What do you mean by `Running TeX Live at startup'?

Are you able to typeset documents? If you can't do that please install FixMacTeX2014.pkg which can be found in /Applications/TeX.

Is it TeX Live Utility that is having a problem? When you say there were ``some automatic updates' what do you mean?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)