[OS X TeX] "next source window" command in TeXShop

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 3 19:12:35 CET 2015

> On Mar 3, 2015, at 8:11 AM, Josep Maria Font <jmfont at ub.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When working with multiple files in TeXShop, and having to change between them, the Window menu item "Next source window", with its key equivalent (command-F2), is very useful. However, it involves *all* source documents TeXShop has open at one time, including those that are minimized in the dock. No doubt this may be a useful feature in some situations, but I think a usual scenario is: you are working with several real source files (e.g., "included" ones) and in addition you have others (e.g., the "master" files) which must be open for typesetting, but leave them minimized in the dock because you do not need to work with them (and you have your % !TEX root set, so that you typeset from the \included files)... then it is very annoying that command-F2 opens the minimized docs...
>
> Is there a way to make this behaviour optional ? That would be great.
>
> Best,

Take a look at AdvanceRetreat.zip from:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3825336/TeX/index.html

It contains two applescript macros for TeXShop's Macros Menu that allow you to move cyclically around only the currently visible source documents. I haven't assigned shortcuts for either of these.

Michael