[OS X TeX] TeX Live 2015 and MacTeX-2015

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 13 21:56:47 CEST 2015

> On Jun 13, 2015, at 2:47 PM, Juergen Fenn <jfenn at gmx.net> wrote:
>

> Am 13.06.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>:
>
>> Could you check to see if /usr/local/texlive/2015/release-texlive.txt exists for your system? Simply using
>>
>> ls -alF /usr/local/texlive/2015
>>
>> and seeing if it is on the list of files?
>
> The file was missing, but TLU was running all right, anyway, as I said. TLU did not complain about the missing TL version, etc.
>
> The release-texlive.txt is there now because I copied it there a few hours ago, as suggested by Adam in his latest post. No change for TLU.
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel     360 13 Jun 12:56 release-texlive.txt
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen.

Howdy,

Strange and interesting. We've had many reports of TLU crashing or continuously searching for a repository with none listed. If you then try to press the HOME button on the TLU toolbar you get a warning about an impending crash.

In any case, once you add the release-texlive.txt file with the 2015 information TLU is perfectly happy.

I had TLU crash even though I already had that file from an earlier TL2015 pre-test. But, I suspect that was because the normal TL2015 repositories weren't set up yet.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)