[OS X TeX] Knuth on Numberphile

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 01:17:06 CET 2015

On Jan 22, 2015, at 7:00 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>> On Jan 22, 2015, at 12:52 PM, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at shaw.ca>
>> wrote:
>>

>> On 30Dec2014, at 12:43 PM, Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> «The legendary Don Knuth on the Dragon Curve and learning from his
>>> mistakes»:
>>>
>>> http://youtu.be/v678Em6qyzk
>>
>> That’s some website. When Safari attempted to open it, it brought
>> brought up the turning-burning disk and it was necessary to use the
>> power On/Off button to Shut Down. Could not even get to Force-Quit.
>>

>> don green dragon
>> fergdc at shaw.ca
>
> Howdy,
>
> There was no problem with the link at this end. And it was an
> interesting video too.
>
> Hmmm... I seem to remember that you are using an older computer (is
> it even PPC?) and, therefore, an old OS. Is that right?

As far as THAT goes, I just saw it on my Dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4, I MB
L3 cache per processor, 2GB DDR SDRAM under 10.5.8 and therefore with
TenFourFox31_4_0, the version of Firefox being actively maintained for
PPC. (Safari on 10.5.8 (v5.0.6) is NOT being maintained and apparently
decidedly dangerous.)