[OS X TeX] preview on TS

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:01:57 CET 2015

On 22 Jan 2015 11:34:36 -0700, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at Shaw.ca> wrote:

> On 30Dec2014, at 10:55 AM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
>> For me, breaking into chunks (actually, sections of chapters) helps me organize my work.  I don't use \include, just a master file with lots of \input commands.
>
> <<snip>>
>
> What?s the advantage of using \input as opposed to \include?

Actually, I think the advantage is to using \include: Then for a main document that includes many "subdocuments", e.g., chapters in a book, you can from the main .tex source with whatever you want in the preamble, use \includeonly to selectively process only what you're currently working on. In fact, it's not hard to whip up a macro so that when you tex the main document, it prompts you to type in which of the subdocuments to include for the run!

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101		Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334