[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.48

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 8 13:38:20 CET 2015

> On Jan 8, 2015, at 6:28 AM, Mark Lim <mklim.77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Herb,
> Thanks a lot.
>

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:53 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 8, 2015, at 4:47 AM, Mark Lim MK <mklim.77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have a serious problem with TexShop. It show ? over its icon. The TS app just won’t start. I think it is  corrupted.
> > My Mac book Air 13 had some memory issues earlier . I had a couple of restarts go the MBA 13 . Now what shall I do?
> >
> > Fortunately, I had backup the Latex code onto files. I may need to reinstall TS again. Also I use MT pro2 font in the past.
> > Mac OS 10.9.5 4GB Intel i5  hardware.
> >
> >  Kindly advise.
> >

> Howdy,
>
> I would go to <http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html> and download the latest version (3.38.1). Then delete the corrupted version and install the new version.
>
> This should have no effect on your .tex source files, etc.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

PS: make sure your system is operating properly before you do anything else or you'll just be asking for trouble again.

If your MTPro2 fonts aren't working but are there you'll have to let the TeX distribution ``know'' about them again. Please read the sections about installing fonts under recent versions of TeX Live (what is installed by MacTeX) in TeXLive2012+Changes.pdf (zipped and available from <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html>).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)