[OS X TeX] Configuring LaTeXit

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 18:11:27 CET 2015

Hi,

I recently did a clean install of Yosemite and TeX and friends on one of my machines. I keep all my personal TeX style files on dropbox, with a link from ~/Library/texmf, so everything generally works. My LaTeXit preamble includes the lines

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc, lucidbry}
\usepackage{mydefs}

The latter should pick up “mydefs.sty” in my personal texmf tree. TeX works on the machine with the new installation, but LaTeXit doesn’t, and I can’t figure out why.

When I use LaTeXit on one of my other machines (also on Yosemite, but an update, not a clean install), I see in the log file in LaTeXit:

(/Users/goedde/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidabr.sty))
(/Users/goedde/Library/texmf/tex/latex/mystyles/mydefs.sty

So the files are getting picked up. On the machine with the new installation, though I get

(/Users/goedde/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidabr.sty))
!LaTeX Error: File `mydef.sty’ not found.

I can’t figure out what’s different between the two installations. Like I said, TeX proper works fine on both. Also, the link to the files on dropbox isn’t broken; the lucida files that live there are found (in the same tree), but not my style files.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris