[OS X TeX] preview on TS

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Thu Jan 1 21:59:41 CET 2015

Thanks Herb--this appears to have been exactly the comment I needed.  Now it is working.
Ziggy
On Jan 1, 2015, at 14:47, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com<mailto:herbs at wideopenwest.com>>
 wrote:

On Jan 1, 2015, at 1:28 PM, Thomas Käufl <kaeufl at online.de<mailto:kaeufl at online.de>> wrote:

Am 31.12.2014 um 19:36 schrieb Michael Sharpe <msharpe at ucsd.edu<mailto:msharpe at ucsd.edu>>:

On Dec 31, 2014, at 9:50 AM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu<mailto:Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu>> wrote:

I found it doesn't work for me: copying some source text into the window provided and then hitting typeset results in no response.  It seems that maybe this feature (like the redefinition of the green button) only applies if you are using the new TS with the new OSX.

the same here. I copied a part of a LaTeX file into
the window and hit the typeset button. Nothing happened.

Then, I read:

Experiment... was introduced in TeXShop 3.37. Take a look at

http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/changes_3.html

for more detailed instructions on usage.

After that, I typed a small mathematical formla into the
window, but it did not work.

I am using the most recent version of Yosemite and the
version 3.48.1 of TeXShop.

Thomas

Howdy,

Did you have the original Source window open and selected before clicking on Edit->Experiment... ? That's where TeXShop grabs the preamble.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)