[OS X TeX] statistics

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Aug 29 14:35:32 CEST 2015

> On Aug 29, 2015, at 1:36 AM, Nicolae Garleanu <garleanu at berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
> I upgraded to 10.10.5, same behavior. It’s a MBA, mid 2013. I wonder whether there is some setting I might have changed, even at the level of the computer (rather than Texshop).
> Nicolae
>

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 22:37, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:
>

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 21:48 , Nicolae Garleanu wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am using Texshop 3.52, and noticed that `Statistics’ does not seem to work: I highlight some text and choose the command as I used to, but the output is invariably 0/0/0. Has anybody else come across this behavior?
>
> I use the same version on OS X, 10.10.5.  I don't see a problem with "Statistics...": without a selection, I get stats on the whole file; otherwise, I get stats on the selection (I did not count; but visual inspection passed the sniff test :-}).
>
> What hardware/OS version?
>
> So you see the problem after quitting and restarting TeXShop?
>
> HTH

Howdy,

Why are you using such an old OS version on such a new system. Oh... wait you just said 10.10.x not 10.4. Sorry.

Please go to Terminal and run the commands

which detex

which wc

and let us know what they return.

Also, what version of MacTeX (TeX Live) are you using?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)