[OS X TeX] El Capitan news

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 13 17:58:19 CEST 2015

> On Aug 13, 2015, at 10:47 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>
> How about this?
>

> <icons.tiff>
>

>> On Aug 13, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Vamos, Peter <P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> George, Herb,
>>
>> I can see the old (lion) icon which I always see with my .tex files. The attachment of icon to file types is dependent on the machine receiving your email. If you want us to see what you see then please send a jpg or pdf image rather than a .tex file.
>>
>> Peter

Howdy,

That looks terrific! I'd love to be able turn off the overhead of using the QL preview. Would others using the latest beta of El Capitan please chime in?

I've wondered why the icon used for the file wasn't simply the one for the app assigned to open the file rather than some complex thing based on UTIs.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)