[OS X TeX] .tex icons

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Apr 6 01:12:03 CEST 2015

Hi, Herb,

On Apr 5, 2015, at 13:09 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

>> On Apr 5, 2015, at 10:31 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>>
>> All of a sudden, all my .tex icons disappeared. All my .tex files, I’m told, will be opened with TeX.mdimporter.
[snip]
> This is amazing!!! EXACTLY the same thing happened to me on my MacBook Air!!! I've done all sorts of stuff, including what you tried---with the same outcome, and none of it seems to work.
>
> On the other hand, double clicking a .tex document still opens it in TeXShop and I'll just have to ignore the icon issue until a solution is found.

This may be coincidence, but (assuming this is all 10.10), I find that even though I have forced all .pdf's to be opened by Skim, when I, e.g., CTRL-click on a PDF viewed in Safari, to get the drop-down menu to open the file elsewhere, it always reads "Open in Preview" even though selecting it invokes Skim.

Perhaps this is a 10.10 "malfeature" that some of this is hard-coded somehow.  It's worth complaining about, if you have an Apple ID and a (free or other) developer account.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income