[OS X TeX] TexShop loses all my markup in the .tex file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 24 01:05:29 CEST 2014

On Sep 23, 2014, at 5:58 PM, Steve <steve at your-mailbox.com> wrote:

> Newbie problem here.
>
> TeXShop 2.47 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
>
> New to LaTeX and also to TexShop. I created a doc, created a PDF, all went well. Saved my work, exited TeXShop.
>
> Next time I fired up TexShop, opening the same .tex file gives me a blank page and also brings up the earlier PDF. But all my source markup is gone.
>
> Also when I double-click on the .tex file in the Finder, it says "TeXWorks Mt Lion quit unexpectedly." I double-checked and TexShop 2.47 is what I should be running on Snow Leopard.
>
> Is there something wrong with my config? How can I sort this out?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Steve L

Select one of your .tex documents and do a Get Info… (Cmd-I). Down the list there should be some sort of Open With… section with a popup menu. Clcik on that popup menu and select TeXShop and then click on Open All Documents Like This. The wording maya be different since we are on different versions of the OS.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)