[OS X TeX] Icons for .tex files became generic doc type

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:20:15 CEST 2014

Under OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), after I just updated several TeX front ends, including TeXStudio, the app for opening .tex files changed to TeXStudio and the icon for all .tex files changed to that for TeXStudio.

I used Cmd-I (Get Info) to change the app back to TeXShop for a particular .tex file and to apply that for opening all documents "like this one", i.e., tex files. But still the icon for .tex files remained that for TeXStudio.

Next, I uninstalled TeXStudio and re-installed TeXShop and made sure .tex files open with TeXShop.

Now I have the generic document type icon (a page labeled "TEX" at the bottom).  And when I do Get Information (Cmd-I), in the panel giving the file's information, there's no icon whatsoever.

How do I get the TeXShop icon back for .tex files?

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101		Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334