[OS X TeX] Just Curious...

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 18:54:56 CET 2014

On 30/10/2014 17:49, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Hmmm... another way? I don't know what editor/front end you are using but could you change the ``tool'' (using the TeXworks naming convention) to run xetex with the -no-pdf option and then run xdvipdfmx on the xdv file it produces? That would avoid having xetex open a pipe to xdvipdfmx as a sub-process.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz

I am indeed a TeXworks person but I was trying to make a general point:
the issue applies to most GUIs and is not necessarily limited to XeTeX.

I suspect that Mac-specific programs will get fixed with built-in
work-arounds, although the outcome for cross-platform editors is less
certain.
--
Joseph Wright