[OS X TeX] Just Curious...

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 18:12:22 CET 2014

On 30/10/2014 17:07, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> Yosemite, though the issues with (particularly) XeTeX and GUI
>> programs/path business are annoying. (I realise this is of Apple's
>> making, not actually something at the 'TeX end'.)
>> --
>> Joseph Wright
>
> Howdy,
>
> Maybe I shouldn't ask, but... ``issues with (particularly)XeTeX''? Are you talking about a font display problem?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz

No, the 'GUI environment' problem. See
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/208181/why-did-my-tex-related-gui-program-stop-working-in-mac-os-x-yosemite
for the detail, but basically GUI applications are not getting the
'right' path information in Yosemite, which breaks the ability to
readily run some tools. This shows up particularly with XeTeX, which
as-standard spans xdvipdfmx as a second process after the typesetting
run and so relies on the path being correct.

There are work-arounds but it's a pain: as I say, the issue is as I
understand it of Apple's making.
--
Joseph Wright