[OS X TeX] TeX on Yosemite

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Oct 17 04:47:48 CEST 2014

Folks,

The web page I just sent this mailing list warns that if you have TeX installed on an earlier
system and you update it to Yosemite, there will be a long delay at the
very end of installation.

I just got a note from Ross Moore with an extremely helpful work-around.

Dick Koch

From Ross Moore:

A colleague tells me that the way to update to Yosemite, with
one or more TeX installations installed, is to first

mv /usr/local/texlive ~

do the install, then

mv ~/texlive /usr/local

This avoids the installer archiving then re-installing that
hierarchy *file-by-file*.

This kind of approach may be useful with other subdirectories
of  /usr/local  as well.