[OS X TeX] errors in MacTeX2014 using XeLaTeX under Yosemite GM 3.0

bo zhao pbjacob86 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:42:01 CEST 2014

Hi,

Several days ago, I updated my mac from Mavericks to Yosemite DP1, and kept
updating continuously into the latest version GM 3.0. I found the MacTeX
isn't working well, so I uninstalled it following the instruction on
http://www.tug.org/mactex/uninstalling.html .

Then I re-install the MacTeX 2014 in Yosemite GM 3.0 and update all the
packages to their latest versions, but it still dosen't work well.

For example, I create a very simple .tex file using the following codes:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

When I use *XeLaTeX* to complie this file, the terminal gives the following
messages:

xdvipdfmx:fatal: Unable to find TFM file "cmr10".
Output file removed.
Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file draft.pdf may not be valid.
SyncTeX written on draft.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on draft.log.

However, when I use *pdfLaTeX *to complie, it works, without any errors.

So, who causes my problem when using xelatex of mactex2014 under yosemite?
XeLaTeX, or MacTeX2014, or Yosemite?

And, what can I do now? Waiting for the developers of xetex to do some
improvements?

Thank you very much!

BoZhao