[OS X TeX] TeXShop Preview

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 25 19:50:47 CET 2014

> On Nov 25, 2014, at 12:26 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> Just compared a pdf produced using the Utopia font (via the fourier package) in Preview, Skim and TeXShop (with the hidden FixPreviewBlur preference set to YES --- thank you Yusuke Terada) and, to my eye TeXShop's Preview is the most true to the printed version. This on my 2011 21" iMac.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

For me, how true a font looks is less important than the readability issues. If the text is irritating to read for more than short periods of time, I’m not even thinking of how true the font looks.

Hopefully they will get this fixed soon with 10.10.2, but I suspect they’re still working on the most publicly glaring issues such as the Mail and wi-fi problems. If it gets fixed, it may not be until 10.10.3 or 10.10.4.

Richard Séguin