[OS X TeX] universal-darwin bin dir

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Tue Nov 25 09:31:42 CET 2014

Le 25 nov. 2014 à 02:23, Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu> a écrit :

> tlmgr may still think you have those packages installed.
>
> Maybe running
>
> 	tlmgr platform remove universal-darwin
>
> (possibly preceded by sudo) should do it?  NOT TESTED, though.
>
> Ettore

maybe next time I receive good advice I should apply it before
saying anything?

thanks Ettore, it did what I had envisioned doing manually:

1) it removed all universal-darwin references from file texlive.tlpdb

2) it removed the corresponding .tlpobj files from repertory tlpobj/

3) it ended up with  a message:
"binary directory /usr/local/texlive/2014/bin/universal-darwin not empty after removal of universal-darwin."
which was a bit wrong, as in fact I had already deleted myself this repertory

It didn't touch the  biber.universal-darwin.r34394.tar.xz in backups/

The only thing which worries me a bit is that file
 00texlive.installation.tlpobj
found in repertory tlpobj/
still contains the line
 depend setting_available_architectures:universal-darwin x86_64-darwin

But this may be only an archival file. However it is dated September 7.

Thanks,
Jean-Francois