[OS X TeX] Yosemite 10.10.1

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Wed Nov 19 07:33:34 CET 2014

On Nov 17, 2014, at 5:16 PM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Has anyone installed this update yet? Did it fix or break anything (Tex, TeXShop, BBEdit, Skim, etc.)? The only significant problem I’ve had with 10.10 is the font smoothing problem.

I noticed two things:

1. All .tex icons are now generic blank boxes. I think others had reported this even with the earlier 10.10, but I think (without being 100% sure) that for me this happened in 10.10.1. I used to be able to fix this problem with safe boot, but not this time.

2. I finally noticed the fuzzy font problem, but not exactly like others reported. With the magnification set to automatic, when I first open a latex files the preview looks visibly fuzzy. But if I resize the window, even a little, the rendering turns crisp, almost too much so. The effect is more visible on my 24 in iMac than my 11 in macbook pro. None of my computers are retina.

All of this with TS 3.45.2.

Themis