[OS X TeX] Skim and other apps: disabling rubber band effect with Magic Mouse

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Tue Nov 18 13:33:10 CET 2014

> On Nov 15, 2014, at 12:42 PM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> TeXShop has a hidden defaults setting to stop the rubber band effect:
>
> 	defaults write TeXShop SourceScrollElasticity NO
>
> See recent changes at
>
> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/changes_3.html

The problem I have with this bounce is TS (but not in textedit, for example) is that when I scroll vertically towards the top of the source window, after the last bounce the top of the window stops near the  5-7th line.  Trying to bring the first few lines into view requires very smooth scrolling to avoid this bounce.  It’s good to know how to turn  this feature on/off.

Themis