[OS X TeX] icon weirdness

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 5 18:47:23 CET 2014

> On Nov 5, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Alan Bowen <bowenalan03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There was a brief time a few iterations of TeXShop ago and while still on Mavericks that I actually had files with the new TeXShop icon. But now, with the latest TeXSHop and Yosemite, even after rebuilding Launch Services, I only get the old TeXShop icon. And that by the way  only if the file is in icon view. In list view, the file itself has the Text Wrangler icon, though the file’s information window (command-I) shows the old icon. (Disk Utility reports that all is OK, by the way.)
>
> Weird to say the least. Any ideas about where the problem lies and how to resolve this?
>
> Alan

Howdy,

As far as I know only the app icon changed; the .tex file icon never changed. However, if you use the QLColorCode.qlgenerator (available from <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html> which you place in ~/Library/QuickLook, log out and back in) and set the folder (View->Show View Options… in Finder with a folder selected) you get an icon with the word TEX at the bottom, a miniature view of the document and the app icon in the background.

Quite frankly, I wish I could get the TeXShop .tex file icon back but I only get the BBEdit text file icon no matter how many times I rebuild LaunchServices under Yosemite. I've gone the QLColorCode way.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)