[OS X TeX] problems after getting new iMac

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 15:41:58 CET 2014

Hi all.

I recently got a new iMac.  I ran the Migration Assistant to bring over stuff from my old iMac.  I was a little surprised that (say) pdflatex wasn't in /usr/local/bin, but no big problem---I simply added /usr/local/texlive/2014/bin/x86_64-darwin to my PATH.  But upon running pdflatex (either from the command line or from within Aquamacs/AUCTeX), I get a message saying that the format file pdflatex.fmt wasn't found.  But
	agw at home:~$ find /usr/local/texlive/2014 -name pdflatex.fmt
	/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdflatex.fmt
and so it's there.

What chnages must I make for TeX to start running again?

FTR, I'm running Yosemite.

Art Werschulz
agw at comcast.net