[OS X TeX] Odd behaviours with new TeXShop

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 1 06:46:44 CET 2014

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 9:50 PM, Alan Litchfield <alan at alphabyte.co.nz> wrote:
>
> I am getting a couple of odd behaviours with the new TeXShop 3.44. It may just be me but anyway...
>
> 1. Cmd-grave does not switch windows.
> 2. Clicking on the Trash Aux Files does not delete the files. I have to delete them manually.
>
> The latter does not delete even when the application is quit and restarted.
>
> Is there some setting I need to change or there a bug?

I can confirm 2. with Yosemite and TeXShop 3.44. Trash Aux Files does not work from either the Console or the File menu. As a workaround, you can use the AppleScript macro "Delete All Aux", available from

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3825336/TeX/index.html

as DeleteAux.plist.zip

Cmd-grave works for me with Yosemite, but it's an Apple shortcut for "Activate the next open window in the frontmost application" rather than a TeXShop shortcut, so most likely not a TeXShop bug.

Michael