[OS X TeX] 1) Search source file when preview is active (`front'). 2) Incremental search

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at haas.berkeley.edu
Sat May 24 01:08:35 CEST 2014

Hi,
I would like to be able to press Cmd-F when in the preview and search the source file. I thought I’d try something myself before bothering everyone, so I looked at the standard macros, and aimed for something along the lines of

--Applescript
tell application "TeXShop"
Find…
end tell

Of course it didn’t work. Whether it’s just because to invoke the command `Find…’ the syntax is more complex, or there is another flaw, I don’t know. I am sure it’s possible, as `Insert Begin/End’, for instance, works when called from the preview, as do others. There probably is a more elegant solution altogether, that simply makes the standard `Find’ command available. (The alternative, of course, is to move to the source window, which is what I do currently.)

A related topic is whether one can have an incremental search command in TexShop. It is available in Chrome, say, so should not need programming from scratch.

Thank you.
Nicolae