[OS X TeX] Update to 10.9.3 & Applescript TeXShop Macro

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun May 18 19:30:04 CEST 2014

On May 18, 2014, at 12:04 PM, Eric van der Oord <eric.vanderoord at gmail.com> wrote:

> Beginners question : Why are the files attached in this thread "plist" files and not "scpt" files ?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Eric
>
> Le 18 mai 2014 à 18:10, Michael Sharpe <msharpe at ucsd.edu> a écrit :

>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Hmmm... seems like the version you attached was one of my older versions rather than the one you updated.
>>>
>>> In any case I found a bug. If the file name and/or the path, has spaces in the name it won't work. I don't know how to add quotes around the file and path in those cases. I don't, in general, do that but in this case the spaces were actually needed.
>>>

>> I changed "run" to "run.xml" in extensions_to_delete and added code that works with filenames having embedded spaces. This time I'm attaching the correct file.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> <DeleteAux.plist>

Howdy,

TeXShop LaTeX Macros are stored together in a single plist format file that also contains the Macro names and assigned keyboard shortcuts, Macros_Latex.plist, in ~/Library/TeXShop/Macros. Those macros can simply be text substitutions or Applescript files. It is then natural, when exporting/importing a macro from TeXShop for it to also be sent as a plist in the same internal format.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)