[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.36 update.

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed May 14 23:21:10 CEST 2014

Folks,

On May 14, 2014, at 1:53 PM, Gary L. Gray <gray at psu.edu> wrote:

> I think the point is that if the app changes, the version number should change so that the update mechanism will prompt people to download the new version. This should *always* happen, without exception, no matter how minor the update. It could have become 3.36.1, for example. This is essential for the average shmoe, of which there are many, including me.

Updating the version number involves lots of changes. It isn’t merely changing one number.

Within two hours of release, I discovered that icons were broken in 3.36, so I fixed the problem.
Since I was busy the rest of yesterday, today, and tomorrow, the alternative was to do nothing.
Then

	Lots of people download. They all discover a problem. They
	write me but get no answer. For several days, they are left
	hanging.

Dick