[OS X TeX] Contents of MacTeXtras

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sun May 4 21:29:31 CEST 2014

Folks,

I have no opinion about the contents of MacTeXtras, but let me clarify the
following:

MacTeX contains multiple copies of the various GUI apps it supplies, and
ultimately installs the appropriate copy for the operating system in question.
Last year the GUI portion of MacTeX contained two copies
of TeXShop and three copies of TeXworks. That is one reason I removed
TeXworks this year.

The TUG DVD is essentially full. Everyone involved is under
pressure to keep their portion small since TeX Live
expands year by year. The pressure has been completely benign, but it isn't fun
to watch other people sweat. Adding a second DVD would be
prohibitively expensive unless one of you makes a big TUG
contribution.

Dick Koch