[OS X TeX] Contents of MacTeXtras

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat May 3 04:17:36 CEST 2014

On May 2, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> I need votes for/against adding TeXworks to MacTeX. The .dmg file is
> about 20MB in size. I assume this will run Under OS X 10.6 and later
> but it may be 10.7 and later.

I am not about to change from TeXShop so, selfishly, I vote against
all other front ends.

> Should the (PPC) or both the (PPC) and (Intel) versions for OS X
> 10.5 be removed to add space for either or both of TeXworks and
> TeXStudio? The (PPC) version is about ~17MB in size while the
> (Intel) version is ~43MB. Links to the web site for obtaining these
> would remain but this would also violate the fullest support for OS
> X 10.5.

Still on a PPC under 10.5.8 and therefore still with TeXShop 2.47.
This is not likely to change in the foreseeable future. And when it
changes, that is when either I or the PPC conks out ....

So, I would say that I do not need any "full support".

Regards
--schremmer