[OS X TeX] 2 small issues concerning texshop

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at haas.berkeley.edu
Thu May 1 18:00:37 CEST 2014

Yes, correct, sorry for the unclear explanations.

As for my reasons, just mild convenience. If I have, say, five files I
work on in a couple of spaces, and must reboot, then it¹s very fast to
close the five previews that open in the wrong place (cmd-W 5 times),
somewhat less so to redistribute the five preview windows (though clearly
possible). The easiest solution is to recompile when I get to work with a
particular one of the 5 tex files; in addition, since I may have to search
for a given spot anyway, though, well, you see where I am going. Another
issue was that I may want not to change the timestamp on the pdf file, but
if the source hasn¹t changed since the last compilation, or the pdf file
does not change at all, it¹s possible that that wouldn¹t happen anyway (I
am not sure).

Anyway, if you do fix the replacement of all windows after rebooting, then
my particular issues will go away. I fully agree it¹s low priority, even
for me.

Nicolae