[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.35 and Command-T/Typeset menu problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 1 16:46:55 CEST 2014

On May 1, 2014, at 9:37 AM, Alan Bowen <bowenalan03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Herb—
>
> I will experiment further. But right now I should say that I am typesetting a project in ConTeXt that has several components. That means that I spend most of the time working on a number of components files and typeset by selecting the project .pdf file by typing Command-T.

Howdy,

Is there a reason you have to select the project file to typeset? Place the line

% !TEX root=path/to/project.tex

at the top of each of the component files. Then Typesetting with the one of the project files active will automatically typeset the project file. Here path/to.project.tex is the absolute or relative path from the component file to the project file; e.g., if book.tex, the project file, is in some directory and chapter1.tex, a component file is in a sub-directory, chapters, of that directory place the line

% !TEX root=../book.tex

at the top of the chapter1.tex file.

> More soon—this behavior usually occurs when I am thinking of something else!
>
> Alan

Isn't that always the case!? :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)