[OS X TeX] 2 small issues concerning texshop

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at haas.berkeley.edu
Thu May 1 16:25:46 CEST 2014

Hi,
Here are two related issues that have probably already been there. The first may be purely an OS issue: when I restart the computer, the source windows are reopened in the spaces where they were originally, but the preview windows open in the first space. This brings me to the second issue: I duly close the preview windows, but when I do a forward search in the source window (say, cmd-click), an empty preview window opens (i.e., the name of the file shows in the header, but the display is blank). I consequently have to typeset in order to have the file displayed.
There are, of course, ways to deal with these issues, such as moving all the preview files,too, to the spaces where they belong. I don’t know that one can do anything to fix the first issue. For the second, though, to the extent that there is a simple fix to the implementation of the forward-search command (ensuring that the pdf file is open properly), it may be worth doing it.
Thanks.
Nicolae