[OS X TeX] magnification

juan tolosa juantolo at me.com
Tue Mar 25 04:53:03 CET 2014

Thank you, Herb,
Your advice worked, and I could change the default to pdfTeX instead of pdfLaTex.

Thank you also Ross, for your assistance.

Also, thanks to Akira Kakuto, from texworks at tug.org,
the problem was found.

He analized both the TeXworks output in the mac, and the one in MikTeX, looked at the log files,
and determined the following. In case this might be helpful to others, here is the problem he found:

MikTeX:
You are using the default paper size a4.
Paper size is also magnified (seems strange).

Mac:
You are using the default paper size letter.
Paper size is not magnified (same here on Windows, TL2014/dev, pdfTeX-1.40.15).

And here is the solution he suggested, which worked perfectly well:

Try

%Sample file
%
%