[OS X TeX] Linking to forward labels

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at icloud.com
Sat Mar 15 03:30:15 CET 2014

Hi:
I've looked at the LaTeX Wikibook docn on \hyperref and \label but I still don't understand how to do something.
Consider a sentence where I wish to link, in this case,  the word here to a label that is defined forward. For example:

 For a Quick Start go here but if you need  Detailed Instructions go here.
…. several intervening pages….

\label{sec:QuickStart}

…. more intervening pages….

\label{sec:Detailed Instructions}

As far as I understand it the \ref only refers to already defined \labels.
And I can't seem to get it working with \hyperref.

Please contribute to me education by providing some advice.

TIA and respect…

Peter