[OS X TeX] Macro sheets in TeXShop?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 6 05:57:28 CET 2014

Alain,

Actually, and sort of to my surprise, this feature is essentially already in TeXShop. To see
that, look at

	~/Library/TeXShop/Macros

and notice that there are TWO macros files there:

	Macros_Latex.plist
	Macros_Context.plist

Moreover, when ConTeXt is chosen as typesetting engine in the pulldown toolbar menu,
the ConTeXt macros appear and the Macro editor is able to edit those macros.

This feature of TeXShop was added during a TUG conference several years ago because
Hans Hagen was giving a workshop on ConTeXt and wanted Macros specifically designed
for ConTeXt. It hasn't received any work since then.

If you had a macros file in ~/Library/TeXShop/Macros for xetex, I don't know if that
file would be used if xetex were chosen.

But it should be an easy matter to add code that would name a macros file and
selected that whenever the top document had

	% !TEX macros = special-macros

near the top. I'll see what I can do.

Dick Koch