[OS X TeX] texshop and lualatex

Doris Behrendt doris.behrendt at me.com
Fri Jun 27 20:10:11 CEST 2014

hi list,

i want to try lualatex together with texshop (3.36.2) and an external editor (vi);
but in the typeset-menu there is no lualatex, in spite of having the LuaLaTeX.engine in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/

when I open the source from texshop and not vi, lualatex appears in the popup list, exactly like described here:

http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2011-February/046474.html

I know, I can use % !TEX TS-program = lualatex, but I just wondered why the popup list than I can click on from the source-editor of texshop differs from the possibilities I’m offered when clicking on the typeset-button on top in the menu bar;

thanx in advance
doris