[OS X TeX] Text floating around a figure

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 7 21:05:10 CEST 2014

On Jun 7, 2014, at 11:00 AM, 林隽 <jlin at ynao.ac.cn> wrote:

> Can anybody help?
>
> I use the command below to implement a figure in the document, but the figure doesn't show, and I got a blank page only.
>
> Thanks a lot for your attention.
>
> Jun
>
> %\begin{verbatim}
> \begin{figure}
> % \begin{center}
>  \includegraphics[width=40cm]{figure1.eps}
> %\end{center}
> \caption{ Figure 1.}\label{fig:fig1}
> \end{figure}
> %\end{verbatim}

Howdy,

1)How are you typesetting this document? Using pdflatex, latex, ... ?
2)What kind of error messages are you getting?
3)What document class are you using? Are you using the [draft] option for the document class?
4)A width of 40cm for the figure? That's awfully large!

It would be much more helpful if you provided a minimal but compilable document so we could test it at our end and see what is really happening.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)