[OS X TeX] New Pretest Versions

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Wed Jun 4 23:04:52 CEST 2014

Am 04.06.2014 um 22:23 schrieb Richard Koch:

> Axel,
>
> On Jun 4, 2014, at 7:36 AM, Axel Kielhorn <tex at axelkielhorn.de> wrote:
>
>> I had to reinstall my PowerBook because of an HD failure and
>> decided to install TL 2014 Pretest, that was the longest 15 minutes
>> I ever experienced:-)
>>
>> This is system 10.5.8 PPC, thanks for still supporting PPC.
>>
>> TLU says there are no new updates, which is correct.
>> TeXShop works as expected.
>>
>> First test run with pdflatex and Xelatex worked fine, but I ran
>> into a problem with Luatex (or rather Kluaotfload)
>>

> I sent this to a person with contacts in the Lua community, who sent
> it on to the
> experts. But I was asked "what is Kluaotfload?".
>
> Then I reinstalled TeXLive-2014 on my PPC machine. There is a
>
> 	luaotfload-tool
>
> but there is no Kluaotfload. So I send the question on to you.

I copied the text from the console window, it is not in the log file.
It may be a leftover from the terminal code that prevents scrolling,
all the loaded fonts appear in the same line.
When you redirect to a file you get a strange line ending, some escape
code probably.

I've seen lines like
luaotfload | db : Loading font
on the terminal.