[OS X TeX] Macro(s) for using Excalibur with TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 13 17:28:52 CEST 2014

Howdy,

I have always used CoCoAspell as my LaTeX-aware Spellchecker. Once set up it works seamlessly through the Apple Spelling system in TeXShop.

I'd like to add a section on Spell Checking to `TeXShop Tips & Tricks' and I know many folks out there use Excalibur as their LaTeX-aware Spellchecker. I assume that many of those folks use a work flow with  a TeXShop Macro set up to save a file, have Excalibur process that file and then ``re-open'' the processed file in TeXShop but I certainly may be wrong. Can folks that use Excalibur let me know how they work with it?

Are there any other LaTeX-aware spell checkers out there that folks are using (e.g., aspell by itself)? If so, what work flow is being used?

PS: CoCoAspell hasn't been updated in a long time and, with each release of a new OS I am afraid it will stop working at all. So far I've only had to re-install it once; when I switched from a PPC to and Intel machine quite a few years ago. I'd hate to lose it!

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)