[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility update failure: allegedly missing lthtlw.enc

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 21:32:00 CEST 2014

On Jul 9, 2014, at 12:09 , Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> What's meant by an "authenticating editor"? And why won't my version of BBEdit, purchased from the apple App Store, not suffice for such an edit?

The term applies to an editor that will authenticate you as an admin user (if you are one) so that you can modify root-owned files such as the one under discussion.  Most editors will not do that, and in particular, app-store versions will not because that violates Apple's "sandboxing" rules.

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large