[OS X TeX] Disabling URW fonts

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 22 23:58:34 CET 2014

On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:41 PM, Dennis Kletzing <dkletzing at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Herb:
>
> I did what you suggested but it still doesn’t work. I still get the same error message.
>
> When you said
>
>> To go back remove the updmap.cfg file in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c and run
>>
>> sudo -H mktexlsr
>>
>> so that the TeX Distribution `forgets' it existed. Then run
>
> did you mean to not replace the updmap.cfg file, just leave the web2c folder empty?
> --
> Dennis

Howdy,

Just remove it; the /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c folder should be empty. THEN run

sudo -H mktexlsr

so that the TeX Distribution `forgets' the file ever existed. After doing that again please run

sudo -H updmap-sys

and, if there still is a problem, send me a copy of

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map

so I can see what fonts are being used.

By the way, did you ever run `updmap` rather than always using `updmap-sys`?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)