[OS X TeX] Copying directories

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Sat Jan 11 18:39:53 CET 2014

Answer too your first question (Martin) : “Where did you get this cabin.tds.zip from?”

By googling ctan cabin, I get to http://www.ctan.org/pkg/cabin, where I may click on /fonts/cabin or on Dowload. I clicked on Download, but the results are the results are the same :

5 directorties and 3 files, in the first case, a directory cabin containing the whole file in the second case:

cabin
---- doc [containing text and pdf files]
---- latex [sty and fd files]
---- map [1 map file]
---- opentype [otf files]
---- type1 [pfb files]
---- 3 files

By going to http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/install/fonts and clicking on cabin.tds.zip, I get as you said:

cabin
---- doc
	---- fonts
---- fonts
	---- enc
	---- map
	---- opentype
	---- tfm
	---- type1
	---- vf
---- tex
	---- latex

I used this, and

rsync -auv     cabin/     texmf-local/ --dry-run
rsync -auv     cabin/     texmf-local/

ran perfectly, although there was an erreor massage saying that some files couldn't be copied. In fact, everything useful was copied.

Thanks,

André