[OS X TeX] stix fonts?

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Sun Jan 5 19:43:05 CET 2014

Le 5 janv. 2014 à 19:15, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> a écrit :

> On Jan 5, 2014, at 11:58 AM, David Derbes <loki at uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Herb.
>>
>> I'm very slow to update, and am still running 10.6.8, and I think TeXLive 2009.
>>
>> Does the newest version of TeXLive require a more recent version of OS X? And how does one invoke the STIX fonts?
>>
>> I've been following development of the STIX fonts for many, many years. They don't look any better to me than what I've got now, but I'm curious nonetheless.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> David Derbes
>> U of Chicago Lab Schools
>
> Howdy,
>
> MacTeX 2013 supports OS X 10.5 and later so you can install it on your system.
>
> I haven't used them yet but it seems that there is a stix package so invoking \usepackage{stix} should do the job although I have no idea what the options are. I'd also suggest using \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}.

No need: the STIX package uses the T1 font encoding by default. Cf. the documentation's introduction, p. 2.

"The stix package provides LATEX support for using STIX fonts in both text and math. The text fonts are
provided in both T1 (default) and OT1 encodings, as well as TS1 symbol font encoding, which cover only
a subset of Latin characters supported by STIX fonts."

Franck Pastor