[OS X TeX] Writing a book

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Wed Feb 19 19:01:23 CET 2014

On Feb 18, 2014, at 12:03 PM, John B. Thoo <jthoo at yccd.edu> wrote:

> I chose to use the Exercise package for the exercises because it looked reasonable to use, but I have run into one problem with using it with the Longtable package.  It appears that if longtable has to break a table within an exercise, the table does not appear at all.  Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this, or maybe a suggestion for a different package for exercises?

Environments generally have trouble with floats and I would consider moving them outside the environment. I’ve used a different exercise environment but whenever I need to show figures, I placed them outside the environment. If a table is so long that needs to be split between pages, it may be better to move it outside the exercise environment.

Perhaps you can post an example?

Themis