[OS X TeX] Strange cmd-click

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Feb 7 00:27:10 CET 2014

On Feb 6, 2014, at 4:56 PM, André Bellaïche <abellaic at math.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> On my iMac, I have two users: the first one for texts using applemac encoding, and the second one for utf-8 encoding.
>
> On the second one, TeXShop behaves strangely enough: If I cmd-click somewhere in the typeset file, instead of getting me back to the source file, say thing.tex, at the right place,TeXShop creates a new empty file with same name, thing.tex, and brigs me to line 1. The Sync method used is SyncTex.
>
> Thanks,
>
> André Bellaïche
> Université paris 7

Howdy,

It shouldn't have anything to do with the encoding.

Is there a root file with included files? If so, do each of the included files have the

% !TEX root = path/to/root.tex

near the top of the file? Where path/to/root.tex is the absolute or relative path from the included file to the root file. E.g., if the root.tex file includes chapters/chapter1.tex where chapters is a sub-directory of where the root.tex file is located you could use

% !TEX root = ../root.tex

in chapter1; the ../ says go up one directory level to get to root.tex.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)