[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility - fails to update infrastructure - cannot find TeX Live root

Juergen Fenn schneeschmelze at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 21:14:01 CET 2014

> By default tlmgr has the repository set to the mirror so you get a
> repository near you. You can use TLU or tlmgr directly to reset that
> to some other repository. when did it get set to point to files on your
> own system?

Herb, I'm sorry that I cannot tell you when this happened. I installed
MacTeX 2014 from the TeX Collection DVD back in October when I setup
the whole system from scratch and I never changed anything about the
setup. This is how it worked out when I called the selfupdate of tlmgr
an hour ago. No problem because the message also gave an advice for
how to change the repository.

Keep teXing in 2015 :)
Jürgen.