[OS X TeX] How update map files when no updates available in TeX Live Utility

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 23:59:12 CEST 2014

I've added some new fonts in ~/Library/texmf and added the appropriate line to ~/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg.
In TeXLive Utility, the preference "Automatically enable fonts in my home directory" is checked.

I opened TeX Live Utility, but no updates were available, hence it did not run the appropriate updmap command automatically at the end of updating.

What should I do manually, at command line, instead?  In other words, exactly what command(s) related to map files does the TeX Live Utility actually run at the end, when there are available updates?

(I do know enough now not to wantonly use updmap or updmap-sys, perhaps with sudo -- so as to avoid messing up the configuration!)

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101		Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334