[OS X TeX] OS X TeX] How install & use genuine Adobe Times-Roman small caps fonts?

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 17 17:49:38 CEST 2014

On Aug 17, 2014, at 7:33 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> You say, "You should not have to do anything with fontinst...."  Now I'm confused. Don't I still need to use fontinst to create the .fd, .vpl, and .pl files for the actual Adobe Times-Roman Small Caps fonts, then use vptovf and pltoft to create the corresponding .vp and .tfm files (and move them into my local texmf tree)?

No, the package I attached was built using fontinst from the afm files for the Adobe Times Small Caps fonts. Everything you need is contained in that package, except for the pfb files. Just unzip into an otherwise empty temporary folder, add the pfb files, and copy the contents of that folder into your ~/Library/texmf using the command I mentioned.

Michael